What Do I Need to Do to Become a Peer Mentee?
- Contact your ESRD Network and ask to speak with the Peer Mentoring Program Champion. Click here to find your ESRD Network.
- Read the mentee courses and let your ESRD Network Peer Mentor Champion know when you are finished.
- Be paired with a mentor by the ESRD Network Peer Mentor Champion and start being a peer mentee.
What Will I Learn in the Course?
You will learn what peer mentoring is and how it can help you. The courses will also improve your knowledge about kidney disease treatment choices. Lastly, the courses will help you understand what you can expect on dialysis.
How Do I Start the Peer Mentee Courses?
These are the steps to start the peer mentee courses:
- Take the What the Peer Mentee Should Know course.
- Read the course that interests you: the ESRD Overview course or the New to Dialysis course. You may read both if you like.
- When you have read and understood the material, let your dialysis facility know.
Kidney Connection: A Patient Peer Mentoring Program
What the Peer Mentee Should Know
End Stage Renal Disease Overview
New to Dialysis
- New to Dialysis (PDF)
- New to Dialysis (Audio)